NCC was founded by Chris Marquez in May 2002 as National Capitol Captioning, with the initial mission of providing realtime captioning services to the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
After four years of steady and rapid growth, NCC officially changed its name to National Capitol Contracting, reflecting our expansion into other business areas, including audiovisual integration, information technology, multimedia support, and conference management. More recently our services have grown further to include AV conference center support, peer and grant review management, and live event webcasting.
Our headquarters in Arlington, Virginia make it easy for us to support the clients that make up the majority of our customer base: Federal agencies and related organizations. We continue to develop partnerships with private sector firms, including non-profit research organizations, television production companies, and financial institutions.
NCC has a proven track record of excellent products and services and is looking to the coming years as an opportunity to grow both in our industry and our community: building relationships with new and current clients, expanding our service offerings, and supporting local organizations who exemplify our commitment to doing GOOD.
Over the last decade, NCC’s superior service and high quality work have set us apart, and our team anticipates many more achievements and milestones in the years to come.
- Client list expands to a dozen agencies.
- NCC awarded 8(a) status and GSA IT 70 contract.
- Consistent year-over-year revenue growth of more than 25%.
- Addition of new multimedia services for existing clients EPA and HHS.
- First information technology service contract awarded from NIH.
- Revenue doubles each year.
- Expansion into audiovisual and video teleconference integration services with DoD.
- Full-time staff increases to 20.
- NCC awarded contracts with SEC, CMS, and CDC.
- Awarded conference center support contract with NSF.
- Awarded $5M event support contract with LOC.
- Overall staff increased to 36.
- Revenue doubles again.
- Awarded conference center support contracts with NSF and OCC.
- Awarded event logistics support contracts with LOC and AHRQ.
- Expansion into peer and grant review management service with Department of Energy
- Overall staff increased to more than 45.
- Revenue grows by more than 100%.
- Awarded webcasting support contracts with HHS and NIH.
- Awarded court reporting and transcription contracts with FDA, USPTO, and USAID.
- Awarded AV integration contract with SEC.
- Awarded event and grant review support contract with Department of Education.
- Honored by USPAACC as one of “Fast 50 Asian American Businesses of 2012” and by Inc. Magazine as one of the fastest growing private companies in the U.S.
- Celebrated 10 years in business.
- Overall staff increased to 65.
- Awarded transcription contracts with Montgomery County Circuit Court and the Executive Office for Immigration Review.
- Awarded AV installation services contracts with FTC and NSF.
- Awarded Webcasting/Video Production contract with HHS/OSDBU and Multimedia/Webcasting support contract with DOL.
- Awarded program and policy analysis contract with Military Compensation and Retirement Modernization Commission.
- Awarded AV design and integration contract with WHS/Enterprise Information Technology Services Directorate.
- Honored for second straight year by USPAACC as one of “Fast 50 Asian American Businesses of 2013″ and by Inc. Magazine as one of the fastest growing private companies in the U.S.
- Overall staff increased to 75.
- Awarded Video-teleconference Service and Support contract with the Social Security Administration.
- Awarded expanded Conference Center support contract with the National Science Foundation.
- Successfully graduated from the SBA’s 8(a) program.
- Awarded AV maintenance contract with DoD’s Washington Headquarters Services.
- Provided VTC support to FDIC under subcontract to CSC.
- Multimedia support for numerous high profile events at federal agencies.
- Staff increased to over 100.
- Launched Unified Communications partnership with Acano, Inc.
- Awarded AV Installation, Maintenance, and Services Contract with the Social Security Administration.
- Awarded AV design, equipment procurement, installation and maintenance support contract with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration National Marine Fisheries Service.
- Awarded Multimedia Captioning contract with DoD’s Defense Media Activity.
- Awarded Transcription & Digitization contracts with the National Park Service and other federal agencies.
- Expanded support contract for Office of the Comptroller of the Currency.
- Certified to ISO 9001:2008 quality standards.
- Expansion of AV maintenance and support contract for OCC.
- Awarded Broadcast studio, video production, and live event support contract with HHS.
- Honored by USPAACC as one of “Fast 100 Asian American Businesses of 2016”.
- Certified as an MBE from National Minority Supplier Development Council.
- Awarded realtime captioning contract with Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.
- Awarded audiovisual integration contracts with the American Beverage Association and the Council of the Great City Schools.
- Renewed contracts with long-time customers including Social Security Administration and the Pentagon’s Press Briefing Room.