NCC was founded by Chris Marquez in May 2002 as National Capitol Captioning, to provide realtime captioning services to the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Shortly thereafter, NCC became certified for the 8(a) small business development program, and grew steadily over the following years, expanding our services to meet customers’ needs. In 2005, NCC changed its name to National Capitol Contracting, reflecting the breadth of our business areas including: information technology, audiovisual design, integration and support; multimedia solutions; and conference management.
As the company continued to mature, NCC was recognized by the US Pan-Asian American Chamber of Commerce (USPAACC) and Inc. Magazine for its rapid growth. NCC graduated from the 8(a) program in 2014, and in 2017, having outgrown our Arlington offices, we moved our headquarters to McLean, Virginia, becoming one of Fairfax County’s top new jobs contributors for the second quarter.
Now, with a mission of Enabling Communication and Collaboration, NCC provides value across the federal enterprise through design, engineering, and operations and maintenance (O&M) to our customers. We build long-term relationships with our customers and serve as a trusted advisor, informing their technical decisions based on our knowledge of their mission requirements and budget. Our community of satisfied clients includes approximately 50 Federal agencies and commercial clients, many of whom have returned to NCC for repeat business and entrust us to support them across multiple service areas.
Through our national network of employees and partners, including teams based at government sites throughout the U.S., we are committed to delivering Great People, Great Experiences, and Great Results through our services and solutions. Our people are genuinely passionate about delivering exceptional customer service, providing solutions uniquely tailored to each customer’s mission and environment. Our top Core Value is Putting the Customer First: we focus on delivery for the customer, enabling our customers to focus on their mission.
We also realize the importance of maintaining connections to our community, and have made stewardship and accountability priorities in both internal operations and external partnerships. We value the communities in which we work and live and are excited to support local non-profit organizations both financially and with our volunteer efforts.
- Client list expands to a dozen agencies.
- NCC awarded 8(a) status and GSA IT 70 contract.
- Consistent year-over-year revenue growth of more than 25%.
- Addition of new multimedia services for existing clients EPA and HHS.
- First information technology service contract awarded from NIH.
- Revenue doubles each year.
- Expansion into audiovisual and video teleconference integration services with DoD.
- Full-time staff increases to 20.
- NCC awarded contracts with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Awarded conference center support contract with NSF.
- Awarded $5M event support contract with the Library of Congress (LOC).
- Overall staff increased to 36.
- Revenue doubles again.
- Awarded conference center support contracts with National Science Foundation (NSF) and Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC).
- Awarded event logistics support contracts with LOC and Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ).
- Expansion into peer and grant review management service with Department of Energy
- Overall staff increased to more than 45.
- Revenue grows by more than 100%.
- Awarded webcasting support contracts with the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and NIH.
- Awarded court reporting and transcription contracts with Food & Drug Administration (FDA), U.S. Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO), and United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
- Awarded AV integration contract with SEC.
- Awarded event and grant review support contract with Department of Education.
- Honored by U.S. Pan Asian American Chamber of Commerce (USPAACC) as one of “Fast 50 Asian American Businesses of 2012” and by Inc. Magazine as one of the fastest growing private companies in the U.S.
- Celebrated 10 years in business.
- Overall staff increased to 65.
- Awarded transcription contracts with Montgomery County Circuit Court and the Executive Office for Immigration Review.
- Awarded AV installation services contracts with Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and NSF.
- Awarded Webcasting/Video Production contract with HHS/Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization (OSDBU) and Multimedia/Webcasting support contract with the Department of Labor (DOL).
- Awarded program and policy analysis contract with Military Compensation and Retirement Modernization Commission.
- Awarded AV design and integration contract with WHS/Enterprise Information Technology Services Directorate.
- Honored for second straight year by USPAACC as one of “Fast 50 Asian American Businesses of 2013″ and by Inc. Magazine as one of the fastest growing private companies in the U.S.
- Overall staff increased to 75.
- Awarded Video-teleconference Service and Support contract with the Social Security Administration.
- Awarded expanded Conference Center support contract with the National Science Foundation.
- Successfully graduated from the SBA’s 8(a) program.
- Awarded AV maintenance contract with DoD’s Washington Headquarters Services.
- Provided VTC support to FDIC under subcontract to CSC.
- Multimedia support for numerous high profile events at federal agencies.
- Staff increased to over 100.
- Launched Unified Communications partnership with Acano, Inc.
- Awarded AV Installation, Maintenance, and Services Contract with the Social Security Administration.
- Awarded AV design, equipment procurement, installation and maintenance support contract with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration National Marine Fisheries Service.
- Awarded Multimedia Captioning contract with DoD’s Defense Media Activity.
- Awarded Transcription & Digitization contracts with the National Park Service and other federal agencies.
- Expanded support contract for Office of the Comptroller of the Currency.
- Certified to ISO 9001:2008 quality standards.
- Expansion of AV maintenance and support contract for OCC.
- Awarded Broadcast studio, video production, and live event support contract with HHS.
- Honored by USPAACC as one of “Fast 100 Asian American Businesses of 2016”.
- Certified as an MBE from National Minority Supplier Development Council.
- Awarded realtime captioning contract with Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.
- Awarded audiovisual integration contracts with the American Beverage Association and the Council of the Great City Schools.
- Renewed contracts with long-time customers including Social Security Administration and the Pentagon’s Press Briefing Room.
- Won subcontract with CSRA for website, web, and VTC infrastructure engineering and operations, desktop engineering, and service desk support for the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Moved headquarters to Tysons East Boro 2 in McLean, VA
- Recognized by the Fairfax County Economic Development Authority as a leader in adding new jobs to the county in the second quarter, contributing 18% of the total 600 new jobs added
- Honored by USPAACC for the fourth time as one of “Fast 100 Asian American Businesses of 2016.”
- Awarded eLearning Development, Project Services, and Technical Support Contract with Department of State’s Foreign Service Institute
- Launched a new subcontract with CSRA for the Veterans Administration for documents administration supporting VA hospitals
- Expanded support of FDIC to include AV support for the FDIC hotel as a subcontractor to Aramark
- Awarded a new contract to continue to provide Captioning for NIH Events Management
- Awarded a contract to provide Audiovisual Design and Integration for the Federal Election Commission’s new offices as a subcontractor to Chenega Applied Solutions