Video Teleconferencing Support for SSA
In 2014, NCC was awarded a five-year contract to provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) with video teleconferencing (VTC) support services for the agency’s more than 2,000 sites throughout the continental United States, Alaska, Hawaii, and U.S. territories including Puerto Rico, Guam, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. VTC systems are mission-critical to SSA, allowing their geographically dispersed staff to deliver SSA services to the American public even in the most remote locations. SSA has one of the largest administrative judicial systems in the world, issuing more than half a million hearing and appeal dispositions each year, and conducts 27 percent of its hearings via VTC. These video hearings enable Americans to have their hearings closer to home and reduce waiting time when seeking a decision on retirement, survivors, disability, and supplemental security income benefits. We are honored to support SSA on this project, which represents one of the world’s largest VTC deployments. In order to manage SSA’s video conference infrastructure, NCC provides:
- VTC call center support and management;
- Remote and on-site technical support for all of SSA’s regional and field offices, as well as its Headquarters in Baltimore, MD;
- Ongoing and preventative maintenance for its 11 national multimedia centers;
- Equipment procurement, installation, and relocation throughout the SSA’s field structure; and
- Technical training and testing for new equipment to ensure the SSA is able to maintain its mission-critical systems while ensuring accessibility is not compromised for its disabled employees and the public.
Our experience with nation-wide system upgrades has allowed NCC to provide superior service to SSA, remaining on schedule and completing over 200 system installations throughout the U.S. and its territories to-date. We are proud to make communication and collaboration happen for SSA, and we look forward to continuing our longstanding record of excellence in support of this vital agency in the years ahead.